New Jersey News
Montclair man accused of pulling machete after left out on Thanksgiving
NEW MILFORD, N.J. -- Authorities say a northern New Jersey man used a machete to threaten a family who excluded him and his son from their Thanksgiving Day celebrations.
New Milford police tell NJ.com that 48-year-old Joseph Hoo of Upper Montclair was charged with weapons offenses and making terroristic threats.
Police responding to the victim's home around 2 p.m. Thursday stopped a van they saw leaving the residence. Hoo and his 18-year-old son were in the vehicle, and officers soon found an 18-inch machete and two baseball bats inside the van.
Hoo was released on his own recognizance, but was ordered to not have contact with the family he allegedly threatened.
A telephone number for Hoo could not be located Saturday, and it was not known if he's retained an attorney.
new jersey news, new jersey, new milford, threat, thanksgiving, new jersey news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman 54 min ago
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns 38 min ago
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 20 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos