New Jersey News
Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in East Brunswick crash
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- Large crowds are expected Wednesday in Milltown, New Jersey, as friends, family and classmates pay their respects to a teenaged couple who died in a car crash.
Milltown police will be on hand to direct traffic at the wake service for 18-year old Nicole Surace.
A wake will also be held in East Brunswick for her boyfriend, 17-year old Jeffrey Szatkowski.
Classmates gathered for a candlelight vigil Monday night in Spotswood to remember Szatkowski and Surace, who were high school sweethearts.
They died Saturday after the car Szatkowski was driving ran off the road and crashed into a pole in East Brunswick, then flipped over and landed on its roof in a wooded area.
Szatkowski was a star football and baseball player at Spotswood High School.
Surace, of Milltown, recently graduated from the same school where she was a cheerleader, and was a freshman at Monmouth University.
The two will be buried beside each other.
new jersey news, new jersey, east brunswick, accident, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act