New Jersey News
Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in East Brunswick crash
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- Large crowds are expected Wednesday in Milltown, New Jersey, as friends, family and classmates pay their respects to a teenaged couple who died in a car crash.
Milltown police will be on hand to direct traffic at the wake service for 18-year old Nicole Surace.
A wake will also be held in East Brunswick for her boyfriend, 17-year old Jeffrey Szatkowski.
Classmates gathered for a candlelight vigil Monday night in Spotswood to remember Szatkowski and Surace, who were high school sweethearts.
They died Saturday after the car Szatkowski was driving ran off the road and crashed into a pole in East Brunswick, then flipped over and landed on its roof in a wooded area.
Szatkowski was a star football and baseball player at Spotswood High School.
Surace, of Milltown, recently graduated from the same school where she was a cheerleader, and was a freshman at Monmouth University.
The two will be buried beside each other.
new jersey news, new jersey, east brunswick, accident, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation