New Jersey News
Princeton University gas leak causes evacuations
PRINCETON (WABC) -- Officials from Princeton University say a construction accident led to a gas leak Monday morning, prompting the evacuation of eleven buildings in the area.
It was shortly before 10:00 a.m. when a backhoe struck a gas line south of the University's McCosh Health Center.
About 200 people from 11 buildings in the immediate area were evacuated as a precaution.
PSE&G workers shut off the gas a short time later.
Everyone was allowed back in the buildings at noon.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos