New Jersey News
Former Roselle Park Police Chief fatally struck by car
KENILWORTH, N.J. (WABC) -- An accident in Kenilworth, New Jersey has claimed the life of the former Roselle Park Police Chief.
84-year-old Ben Malaspina was hit by a van early Tuesday morning while walking on South Michigan Avenue.
Malaspina served as police chief from 1980 until his retirement in 1990.
Police say the van's driver is cooperating fully with the investigation.
Roselle Park Mayor, Joseph Accardi said, "As a community, we mourn the loss of a great man who was dedicated to Roselle Park. He will be long remembered and missed."
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos