New Jersey News
Former Roselle Park Police Chief fatally struck by car
KENILWORTH, N.J. (WABC) -- An accident in Kenilworth, New Jersey has claimed the life of the former Roselle Park Police Chief.
84-year-old Ben Malaspina was hit by a van early Tuesday morning while walking on South Michigan Avenue.
Malaspina served as police chief from 1980 until his retirement in 1990.
Police say the van's driver is cooperating fully with the investigation.
Roselle Park Mayor, Joseph Accardi said, "As a community, we mourn the loss of a great man who was dedicated to Roselle Park. He will be long remembered and missed."
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 13 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK 50 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled 7 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system...
7 min ago
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
46 min ago