New Jersey News
Former Roselle Park Police Chief fatally struck by car
KENILWORTH, N.J. (WABC) -- An accident in Kenilworth, New Jersey has claimed the life of the former Roselle Park Police Chief.
84-year-old Ben Malaspina was hit by a van early Tuesday morning while walking on South Michigan Avenue.
Malaspina served as police chief from 1980 until his retirement in 1990.
Police say the van's driver is cooperating fully with the investigation.
Roselle Park Mayor, Joseph Accardi said, "As a community, we mourn the loss of a great man who was dedicated to Roselle Park. He will be long remembered and missed."
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 56 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos