New Jersey News
Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
ROCHELLE PARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Wednesday morning in Rochelle Park, New Jersey.
The body, face down and partially clothed, was found at 8:30 a.m. in the bushes near Route 17 North off Passaic Street.
The woman has been identified as 53-year old Christine Bezak of Spring Valley Road in Maywood.
Authorities say she did not return home last night, and her husband called police.
Bezak was married and a mother of two.
According to police, several alcohol bottles were found nearby but it is not clear whether they have any connection to the case.
Some nearby roadways were closed while the investigation took place, causing travel delays in the area.
The death has been ruled suspicious, and the case has been turned over to the Bergen County Prosecutor's office.
new jersey news, new jersey, body found, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
26 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos