New Jersey News
Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
ROCHELLE PARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Wednesday morning in Rochelle Park, New Jersey.
The body, face down and partially clothed, was found at 8:30 a.m. in the bushes near Route 17 North off Passaic Street.
The woman has been identified as 53-year old Christine Bezak of Spring Valley Road in Maywood.
Authorities say she did not return home last night, and her husband called police.
Bezak was married and a mother of two.
According to police, several alcohol bottles were found nearby but it is not clear whether they have any connection to the case.
Some nearby roadways were closed while the investigation took place, causing travel delays in the area.
The death has been ruled suspicious, and the case has been turned over to the Bergen County Prosecutor's office.
new jersey news, new jersey, body found, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey