New Jersey News
Bloomfield fire claims woman in wheel chair
BLOOMFIELD, NJ (WABC) -- Investigators are looking for the cause of deadly fire in Bloomfield, New Jersey that killed a wheel chair bound woman.
The fire broke out around 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday at 60 Haines Street in Bloomfield.
When officers arrived at the scene, authorities say they discovered a woman in a wheel chair at the front door of the home. They managed to get her to the front lawn where they attempted unsuccessfully to revive her.
Esther Utkewicz, 65, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Her son, James Utkewicz, 44, was also discovered in the house. He was transported to Mountainside Hospital in Montclair where he remains in critical condition.
The Essex County Prosecutor's Office and Bloomfield police and fire officials are investigating the cause.
new jersey news, new jersey, bloomfield, fire, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos