New Jersey News
Boy injured in Mount Olive sledding accident
Mount Olive, N.J. (WABC) -- An 11 year old boy was injured in a sledding accident in Mount Olive, after it appears he lost control and slid through a fence before falling 25 feet.
Police say witness accounts tell them the boy possibly hit a bump preventing him from stopping the sled before going underneath a chain link fence and falling down a retaining wall.
The victim who was alert and conscious was transported to Morristown Memorial Hospital.
Chief Spitzer said of the incident, "An eleven year-old boy was sleighing down a steep slope that ended at a fenced-in retaining wall. Because of his speed, and because he was prone, he hit the chain link fence and slid under. He fell approximately twenty to twenty-five feet and struck a tree. Although he was conscious and crying he was transported to a hospital for an evaluation for head trauma and internal injuries, we are all hoping for the best."
Officials posted a no sledding sign after the accident at the scene.
new jersey news, new jersey, toms river, snow storm, snow, new jersey news
- 3 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 33 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Photos: Suspect wanted in attempted rape and robbery
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas 3 min ago
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000 15 min ago
- Malaysia denies report that missing plane kept flying 21 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane