New Jersey News
Boy injured in Mount Olive sledding accident
Mount Olive, N.J. (WABC) -- An 11 year old boy was injured in a sledding accident in Mount Olive, after it appears he lost control and slid through a fence before falling 25 feet.
Police say witness accounts tell them the boy possibly hit a bump preventing him from stopping the sled before going underneath a chain link fence and falling down a retaining wall.
The victim who was alert and conscious was transported to Morristown Memorial Hospital.
Chief Spitzer said of the incident, "An eleven year-old boy was sleighing down a steep slope that ended at a fenced-in retaining wall. Because of his speed, and because he was prone, he hit the chain link fence and slid under. He fell approximately twenty to twenty-five feet and struck a tree. Although he was conscious and crying he was transported to a hospital for an evaluation for head trauma and internal injuries, we are all hoping for the best."
Officials posted a no sledding sign after the accident at the scene.
new jersey news, new jersey, toms river, snow storm, snow, new jersey news
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 5 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos