New Jersey News
Irvington night club shooting kills 3 men
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are searching for the gunman involved in a shooting outside a night club in Irvington New Jersey, that left three men dead and two others wounded.
The gunfire erupted at the door of Slick's Go Go Bar on Nye Avenue just after 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say a dispute with a bouncer at the front door sparked the shooting, which killed the bouncer and the son of the club's owner. A third person, possibly a friend of the gunman, may have been caught in the crossfire.
''It appears the gunman was trying to enter the bar armed and was stopped by the bouncer," said Chief Anthony Ambrose of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
Two of the dead have been identified. They are Pierre Clervoyant, 34, of Elizabeth and Woodley Daniel, 32, of Irvington.
Two other people were shot, a 27 year old male from Irvington and a 34 year old male from East Orange, and were taken to University Hospital.
Witnesses said about 100 people were in the club at the time. The witnesess heard 7 to 15 shots fired right after some fighting on the steps of the club.
Police say one man fled the scene in a grey vehicle. So far there have been no arrests.
The Essex County Sheriff's Crimestoppers Program is offering up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
new jersey news, new jersey, irvington, shooting, gun violence, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- NYC Sanitation Commissioner John Doherty retiring
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Malaysian leader: plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey