New Jersey News
Irvington night club shooting kills 3 men
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Police are searching for the gunman involved in a shooting outside a night club in Irvington New Jersey, that left three men dead and two others wounded.
The gunfire erupted at the door of Slick's Go Go Bar on Nye Avenue just after 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Police say a dispute with a bouncer at the front door sparked the shooting, which killed the bouncer and the son of the club's owner. A third person, possibly a friend of the gunman, may have been caught in the crossfire.
''It appears the gunman was trying to enter the bar armed and was stopped by the bouncer," said Chief Anthony Ambrose of the Essex County Prosecutor's Office.
Two of the dead have been identified. They are Pierre Clervoyant, 34, of Elizabeth and Woodley Daniel, 32, of Irvington.
Two other people were shot, a 27 year old male from Irvington and a 34 year old male from East Orange, and were taken to University Hospital.
Witnesses said about 100 people were in the club at the time. The witnesess heard 7 to 15 shots fired right after some fighting on the steps of the club.
Police say one man fled the scene in a grey vehicle. So far there have been no arrests.
The Essex County Sheriff's Crimestoppers Program is offering up to $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
new jersey news, new jersey, irvington, shooting, gun violence, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Man charged with fatally shooting wife in Queens
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 10 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
44 min ago