New Jersey News
Man fleeing from police crashes in North Plainfield
NORTH PLAINFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- A man who was fleeing from police in a stolen car was killed when the car crashed into a concrete barrier on a northern New Jersey highway.
North Plainfield police tell NJ.com NJ.com that the pursuit began just after 11 p.m. Friday, when an officer saw the speeding car improperly pass another vehicle on Watchung Avenue.
When the officer activated his overhead lights, the car took off but soon hit the barrier dividing the eastbound and westbound lanes of Route 22.
The driver, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported, and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The car involved in the crash had been reported stolen out of Newark, but further details were not disclosed.
new jersey news, new jersey, north plainfield, police chase, new jersey news
- Cuomo to announce deal between MTA and Union 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions 33 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 53 min ago
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- NYC mayor announces Sandy recovery reforms
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014