New Jersey News
Man fleeing from police crashes in North Plainfield
NORTH PLAINFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- A man who was fleeing from police in a stolen car was killed when the car crashed into a concrete barrier on a northern New Jersey highway.
North Plainfield police tell NJ.com NJ.com that the pursuit began just after 11 p.m. Friday, when an officer saw the speeding car improperly pass another vehicle on Watchung Avenue.
When the officer activated his overhead lights, the car took off but soon hit the barrier dividing the eastbound and westbound lanes of Route 22.
The driver, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene. No other injuries were reported, and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The car involved in the crash had been reported stolen out of Newark, but further details were not disclosed.
new jersey news, new jersey, north plainfield, police chase, new jersey news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 1 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 1 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
1 min ago