New Jersey News
NJ Transit bus crashes into building in Paterson
PATERSON (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck a building in Paterson early Friday.
The crash happened on 4th Avenue and East 26th Street around 7 a.m.
It appears the bus hit a small one-story commercial building on a local street in a residential neighborhood.
Officials say the bus was on a hill and slid backward due to ice, crashing a rug business called the Barefoot Rug Company.
The driver, who was the only one on board, sustained minor injuries.
The bus was operating on the 704 line, a local line through Bergen and Passaic counties. It was at the end of its route.
The buildings department will evaluate the structural integrity of the building.
Stay with 7online for the latest developments.
new jersey news, new jersey, paterson, bus accident, new jersey news
- Woman shot to death in Queens domestic dispute 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 16 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery 44 min ago
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
16 min ago