New Jersey News
NJ Transit bus crashes into building in Paterson
PATERSON (WABC) -- A New Jersey Transit bus struck a building in Paterson early Friday.
The crash happened on 4th Avenue and East 26th Street around 7 a.m.
It appears the bus hit a small one-story commercial building on a local street in a residential neighborhood.
Officials say the bus was on a hill and slid backward due to ice, crashing a rug business called the Barefoot Rug Company.
The driver, who was the only one on board, sustained minor injuries.
The bus was operating on the 704 line, a local line through Bergen and Passaic counties. It was at the end of its route.
The buildings department will evaluate the structural integrity of the building.
Stay with 7online for the latest developments.
new jersey news, new jersey, paterson, bus accident, new jersey news
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly found 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 8 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 52 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy possibly...
4 min ago
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
52 min ago