New Jersey News
Person pulled from ice in Oakland, New Jersey
OAKLAND, New Jersey (WABC) -- The Oakland, New Jersey Fire Department said they pulled someone out of the ice in Ramapo Park earlier Friday.
The victim, a 34-year-old man from Wayne, was said to have been snowshoeing when he fell through the ice on Ramapo Lake in Ringwood State Park, according to the Department of Environmental Protection.
Witnessess were able to call 911 quickly, and after a few attempts firefighters and residents were able to pull the man to safety by using a ladder.
The victim was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in unknown condition.
The DEP is urging residents to stay off the ice.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 44 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 33 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead 1 min ago
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery