New Jersey News
Suspect arrested in Christmas triple murder at Irvington bar
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A man is under arrest in connection with the Christmas Day shooting that left three people dead at a strip club in Irvington, New Jersey.
Authorities say 19-year old Anthony Fields of Newark was captured early Sunday at his mother's home in Orlando, Florida.
Anthony Ambrose, chief of detectives for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office, tells The Star-Ledger (The Star-Ledger) that FBI agents arrested Fields, and that prosecutors plan to have him extradited to New Jersey, where his bail will be $2 million.
Fields faces three counts of murder and two counts of aggravated assault in the shooting at Slick's Go Go Bar on Nye Avenue in Irvington.
Police say a dispute with a bouncer at the front door sparked the shooting, which killed the bouncer and the son of the club's owner. A third person, possibly a friend of the gunman, may have been caught in the crossfire.
''It appears the gunman was trying to enter the bar armed and was stopped by the bouncer," Ambrose said.
Police said one man fled the scene in a grey vehicle.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new jersey news, new jersey, shooting, irvington, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some 48 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos