New Jersey News
Suspect arrested in Christmas triple murder at Irvington bar
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- A man is under arrest in connection with the Christmas Day shooting that left three people dead at a strip club in Irvington, New Jersey.
Authorities say 19-year old Anthony Fields of Newark was captured early Sunday at his mother's home in Orlando, Florida.
Anthony Ambrose, chief of detectives for the Essex County Prosecutor's Office, tells The Star-Ledger (The Star-Ledger) that FBI agents arrested Fields, and that prosecutors plan to have him extradited to New Jersey, where his bail will be $2 million.
Fields faces three counts of murder and two counts of aggravated assault in the shooting at Slick's Go Go Bar on Nye Avenue in Irvington.
Police say a dispute with a bouncer at the front door sparked the shooting, which killed the bouncer and the son of the club's owner. A third person, possibly a friend of the gunman, may have been caught in the crossfire.
''It appears the gunman was trying to enter the bar armed and was stopped by the bouncer," Ambrose said.
Police said one man fled the scene in a grey vehicle.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new jersey news, new jersey, shooting, irvington, new jersey news
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 41 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos