New Jersey News
7th grader in Jersey City brings gun to school
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police in Jersey City are investigating after a seventh grader brought a gun to school Monday.
The student showed the gun to another student, who told a teacher.
The student then gave the gun to a security officer, and no one was injured.
There is no word yet on whether the weapon was loaded.
A school district spokesperson says the seventh grader showed the gun to another student, who alleged he was threatened and reported it to a teacher.
The teacher notified school administration, who notified the security officer and called police.
The child's parents were notified and police took him into custody.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, gun, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 30 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 43 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 40 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
59 min ago