New Jersey News
Holmdel school evacuated, placed on lockdown after threat
HOLMDEL (WABC) -- Students at St. John Vianney High School were evacuated Wednesday and sent to St. Benedict's High School after an unsubstantiated threat.
Just after 11:30 a.m. the Holmdel Police Department got a call saying there was a bomb located within the confines of the school.
The school was immediately placed on lockdown, and was evacuated. All students and personnel are safe.
The Monmouth County Sherriff's office conducted a room-to-room search of the building, and multiple sweeps of the school and found no explosives.
Arrangements are being made to send students home, as access to the building will not be possible while the police continue to investigate the threat.
Parents may pick up their kids at St. Benedict's School. Buses will also be diverted to that location.
"I want to express my deepest gratitude to the administration, faculty and staff of St. John Vianney High School for their prompt and immediate actions to keep our students safe," said Bishop O'Connell, C.M., "I also want to thank St. Benedict's Parish and School community for providing a safe and comfortable shelter for the evacuated high school students."
Anyone with information on the incident is being asked to call the Monmouth County Prosecutor's tip line at 1800-533-7443.
new jersey news, new jersey, school lockdown, school threat, school evacuation, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 35 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite 10 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win