New Jersey News
United plane hits turbulence, returns to Newark
NEWARK -- A commercial jet traveling from New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport to Beijing has experienced turbulence and been forced to return to the airport. Five flight attendants have suffered minor injuries.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says United Airlines Flight 89 landed at Newark on Thursday afternoon about 45 minutes after it had taken off. He says the plane docked safely and emergency workers treated the flight attendants for bumps and bruises. He says no passengers were injured.
A spokeswoman for Chicago-based United Airlines says the plane was carrying 189 passengers and 16 crew members. She says the airline is reviewing the incident.
United Airlines is a unit of United Continental Holdings Inc.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UConn sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
9 min ago