New Jersey News
United plane hits turbulence, returns to Newark
NEWARK -- A commercial jet traveling from New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport to Beijing has experienced turbulence and been forced to return to the airport. Five flight attendants have suffered minor injuries.
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says United Airlines Flight 89 landed at Newark on Thursday afternoon about 45 minutes after it had taken off. He says the plane docked safely and emergency workers treated the flight attendants for bumps and bruises. He says no passengers were injured.
A spokeswoman for Chicago-based United Airlines says the plane was carrying 189 passengers and 16 crew members. She says the airline is reviewing the incident.
United Airlines is a unit of United Continental Holdings Inc.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 10 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
2 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to...
46 min ago