New Jersey News
7 Clifton students accused of beating motorist
CLIFTON (WABC) -- Police say seven students in northern New Jersey are facing charges after they attacked a motorist, leaving his face battered.
The incident started when the boys walked in the middle of traffic following Clifton High School's early snow dismissal Tuesday.
One of the teens was apparently upset with the 23-year-old driver and punched his vehicle. Police say the teen felt the car came too close to hitting him.
The motorist followed them a short distance, pulled over and got out of his car, asking why the teen punched his car.
Police Sergeant Robert Bracken says one of the teens lunged at the driver, who held onto him.
Bracken says six teens punched and kicked the man while he restrained the boy until police arrived. One of them even grabbed a piece of concrete and hit him in the face before fleeing the scene.
The driver sustained broken facial bones and a broken eye socket.
The teens are charged as juveniles with aggravated assault.
new jersey news, new jersey, clifton, assault, new jersey news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 36 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams