New Jersey News
Newark house fire leaves residents displaced
NEWARK (WABC) -- Firefighters in New Jersey spent the early afternoon battling a fire at a residential home in Newark.
The incident took place on Clifton Ave. just after noon.
The big concern was the possibility of the fire spreading on the block.
The intensity of the scene required officials to call multiple alarms on the blaze.
One resident in the home rushed out of the house calling for help.
The smoke quickly spread to the building next door.
The fire department had to deal with snow and water turning to ice while fighting the fire.
"Whatever we have to do with the Red Cross or whoever to make sure these folks are relocated, we're going to make sure," said Luis Quintana, Newark Mayor.
The city also plans on putting down salt on the roads to help the icy conditions caused by the amount of water placed on the fire.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 55 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 58 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
43 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
55 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos