New Jersey News
New Jersey mom in court in 2-year-old daughter's death
ELIZABETH, N.J. (WABC) -- A New Jersey woman charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter appeared in court Monday.
Prosecutors charged 30-year-old Raquel Ramirez with third-degree aggravated assault in connection with injuries to Dayanna Orozco.
Paramedics rushed to Ramirez's Westfield Avenue home in Elizabeth on Febraury 2 because the girl was unresponsive.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police arrested Ramirez the next day after medical examiners ruled the death a homicide.
The Elizabeth Police Department's investigation into this matter is continuing, and additional charges in the case are possible.
Bond was set at $150,000, but officials say Ramirez won't be released due to immigration issues.
Anyone with information about the death of Orozco is being urged to call Elizabeth Police Department Detective Raymond Smith at 908-558-2000.
new jersey news, new jersey, child death, elizabeth, new jersey news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 7 min ago
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at...
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos