New Jersey News
State of emergency declared in New Jersey before storm
TRENTON (WABC) -- Governor Chris Christie has declared a State of Emergency ahead of the nor'easter.
The declaration means the State Director of Emergency Management can coordinate all preparation, response and recovery efforts for the storm with all county and municipal emergency operations and governmental agencies.
Governor Christie also announced the closing of state offices on Thursday, February 13th for all non-essential employees.
"I've authorized state officials to continue all necessary actions, and my Administration will monitor conditions throughout the remainder of the storm. I encourage all New Jerseyans to drive carefully and remain off the roads if possible so that our first responders and public safety officials can safely respond to any emergency situations," said Governor Christie.
Wednesday night's storm is expected to continue into Friday morning, bringing heavy snow, freezing temperatures and mixed precipitation, as well as dangerous and icy conditions that will affect travel throughout the state for several days. A potential mixture of fallen trees, power outages and flooding is anticipated.
new jersey news, new jersey, snow, snow removal, snow storm, winter, winter storm, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports 38 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane 40 min ago
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew...
38 min ago