New Jersey News
Sparta residents prepare for snow storm, again
SPARTA, N.J. (WABC) -- This storm is adding to a kind of winter of discontent for so many people and so many local governments as well.
Their snow budgets are blown and their salt supplies have dwindled.
It's not that folks are complaining as much as they feel beaten down.
At the Sparta QuickCheck they were gassing up and gearing up for the next few days.
In Sparta, it feels like they've had a bull's eye painted on the middle of town all winter long.
"Absolutely, we always get socked. I work in the Morristown area and it's like a whole different weather pattern over there. You know I pull in and people can't believe that there's ice on my car and six inches on the roof, and there's nothing in Morristown," one resident said.
Danny was on his way to buy a new snow blower, because the old one wore out, but he had to get gas first, in case he lost power again.
The town is limping into this storm.
"We have 300 tons left, Sparta Township is 39 square miles, 300 tons gets us one good sweep through the town. So we think we're good for this particular storm and we're praying for an early spring next week," said Sgt. John Beebe, of the Sparta Police Department.
new jersey news, new jersey, sparta, snow storm, snow, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos