New Jersey News
Sparta residents prepare for snow storm, again
SPARTA, N.J. (WABC) -- This storm is adding to a kind of winter of discontent for so many people and so many local governments as well.
Their snow budgets are blown and their salt supplies have dwindled.
It's not that folks are complaining as much as they feel beaten down.
At the Sparta QuickCheck they were gassing up and gearing up for the next few days.
In Sparta, it feels like they've had a bull's eye painted on the middle of town all winter long.
"Absolutely, we always get socked. I work in the Morristown area and it's like a whole different weather pattern over there. You know I pull in and people can't believe that there's ice on my car and six inches on the roof, and there's nothing in Morristown," one resident said.
Danny was on his way to buy a new snow blower, because the old one wore out, but he had to get gas first, in case he lost power again.
The town is limping into this storm.
"We have 300 tons left, Sparta Township is 39 square miles, 300 tons gets us one good sweep through the town. So we think we're good for this particular storm and we're praying for an early spring next week," said Sgt. John Beebe, of the Sparta Police Department.
new jersey news, new jersey, sparta, snow storm, snow, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View" 10 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
32 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos