New Jersey News
2 men found shot to death on Newark street
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating a double murder overnight in Newark.
At about 12:20 a.m., Newark police officers responded to the area of West Bigelow Street and Milford Avenue.
They discovered two men lying in the street with apparent gunshot wounds. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The identities of the victims have not yet been released.
So far there is no word on a possible motive.
Further details on the shooting, including how many people may have been involved or what type of weapon was used, were not disclosed.
No arrests have been made.
The case is being investigated by the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force, which includes detectives from the Newark Police Department.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Task Force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, shooting, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen