New Jersey News
Newark Airport: Nearly one third of departing flights cancelled Saturday
NEWARK (WABC) -- If you think the winter has been extra difficult for all of us, consider the airline industry. Nationwide, it has seen the highest number of cancellations in 25 years.
According to flightaware.com, 138 departing flights and 131 arriving flights were cancelled at Newark Saturday for a total of 269. That is about 28% of their daily departing flights and 27% of their daily arrivals.
In addition, 28 flights were cancelled into and out of JFK and 27 at LaGuardia. Approximately 800 flights were cancelled across the country.
Newark had 303 flights cancelled on Friday, and 724 on Thursday, the day of the last snowstorm.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 29 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 32 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining 57 min ago
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 52 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
34 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
17 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos