New Jersey News
Jersey City hit and run victim identified
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police have identified the woman who was killed in a hit and run in Jersey City Thursday night.
30-year old Ayako Okabe of Japan was found dead on the side of Routes 1 and 9 South near Duncan Avenue in Jersey City.
Police say she had just left her job at a shipping company. She was seen passing a gas station on her bike around 6:30 that night, and was found on the side of the road less than ten minutes later.
A Hudson County Sheriff's Prisoner Transport bus was on its way back to headquarters after dropping prisoners off at the Correctional Facility when officers spotted the body.
Authorities are searching for the driver.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Sheriff's Office at 201-915-1300. All calls are kept anonymous.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 29 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- Malaysia asks countries for radar data to help find jet
- Here and Now
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
21 min ago