New Jersey News
Jersey City hit and run victim identified
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police have identified the woman who was killed in a hit and run in Jersey City Thursday night.
30-year old Ayako Okabe of Japan was found dead on the side of Routes 1 and 9 South near Duncan Avenue in Jersey City.
Police say she had just left her job at a shipping company. She was seen passing a gas station on her bike around 6:30 that night, and was found on the side of the road less than ten minutes later.
A Hudson County Sheriff's Prisoner Transport bus was on its way back to headquarters after dropping prisoners off at the Correctional Facility when officers spotted the body.
Authorities are searching for the driver.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Sheriff's Office at 201-915-1300. All calls are kept anonymous.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos