New Jersey News
Jersey City hit and run victim identified
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police have identified the woman who was killed in a hit and run in Jersey City Thursday night.
30-year old Ayako Okabe of Japan was found dead on the side of Routes 1 and 9 South near Duncan Avenue in Jersey City.
Police say she had just left her job at a shipping company. She was seen passing a gas station on her bike around 6:30 that night, and was found on the side of the road less than ten minutes later.
A Hudson County Sheriff's Prisoner Transport bus was on its way back to headquarters after dropping prisoners off at the Correctional Facility when officers spotted the body.
Authorities are searching for the driver.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Sheriff's Office at 201-915-1300. All calls are kept anonymous.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 40 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 51 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos