New Jersey News
Jersey City hit and run victim identified
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police have identified the woman who was killed in a hit and run in Jersey City Thursday night.
30-year old Ayako Okabe of Japan was found dead on the side of Routes 1 and 9 South near Duncan Avenue in Jersey City.
Police say she had just left her job at a shipping company. She was seen passing a gas station on her bike around 6:30 that night, and was found on the side of the road less than ten minutes later.
A Hudson County Sheriff's Prisoner Transport bus was on its way back to headquarters after dropping prisoners off at the Correctional Facility when officers spotted the body.
Authorities are searching for the driver.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Sheriff's Office at 201-915-1300. All calls are kept anonymous.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos