New Jersey News
Jersey City hit and run victim identified
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Police have identified the woman who was killed in a hit and run in Jersey City Thursday night.
30-year old Ayako Okabe of Japan was found dead on the side of Routes 1 and 9 South near Duncan Avenue in Jersey City.
Police say she had just left her job at a shipping company. She was seen passing a gas station on her bike around 6:30 that night, and was found on the side of the road less than ten minutes later.
A Hudson County Sheriff's Prisoner Transport bus was on its way back to headquarters after dropping prisoners off at the Correctional Facility when officers spotted the body.
Authorities are searching for the driver.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hudson County Sheriff's Office at 201-915-1300. All calls are kept anonymous.
new jersey news, new jersey, jersey city, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC 11 min ago
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 46 min ago
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing 23 min ago
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice 15 min ago
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos