New Jersey News
New Jersey man has late wife's ashes stolen during home burglary
WEST WINDSOR (WABC) -- Burglars who broke into a house in New Jersey apparently didn't realize they were stealing an urn containing the ashes of the homeowner's late wife.
The incident happened Thursday evening, and there were signs of forcible entry.
Police in West Windsor say the ashes were being kept in a small rosewood box that had been placed inside a green felt bag. The box was among several items taken from the home on Thursday, and authorities believe the burglars thought the box was only filled with valuables.
No one was home when the burglars entered the residence, and no arrests have been made, though police suspect two men were behind the robbery.
Authorities believe the burglary is connected to another break-in that also occurred in the township Thursday night.
Other stolen items included prescription medicine and jewelry.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the West Windsor Township Police Detective Bureau at (609) 799-1222.
new jersey news, new jersey, burglary, new jersey news
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- AccuWeather: Cold Afternoon
41 min ago