New York News
Wrong-way crash in Bronx kills 1, 1 arrested
BRONX (WABC) -- Police in the Bronx arrested a man who allegedly killed a man while driving on the wrong side of the Major Deegan Expressway.
It happened on the Major Deegan Expressway at Fordham Road at 3:47 a.m. Saturday.
Police say Pablo Ovalles, 26, of Roslindale, Massachusetts, was driving his Cadillac Escalade northbound in the southbound lane and smashed into an Infiniti.
Police say the driver of the Infiniti, Patrick Smith, 42, of Hackensack, New Jersey, was pronounced dead at St. Barnabas Hospital.
Ovalles was rushed to Lincoln Hospital in stable condition.
Police later arrested Ovalles for DWI and vehicular manslaughter.
new york city, bronx, accident, new york news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire 7 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in...
7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
16 min ago