New York News
Get recipe answers from Food Pickle
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Have you ever been standing in the kitchen in the middle of a recipe and wondered "what now?"
Or have you even been standing in the grocery store aisle and thought "huh?"
Now there's a place to go for nearly instant answers to your cooking questions.
On a typical morning in Amanda Hesser's kitchen you may find her cooking along side Merrill Stubbs.
The site features recipes, contests and lots of discussions, and that led to its newest feature -- Food Pickle.
"Food Pickle is for when you're in a food pickle when you have a food question that needs to be answered urgently," Amanda Hesser said.
Just send your question to food pickle and you'll get an almost immediate response from one of the sites users, usually a home chef who's quite passionate about cooking.
"People are really generous with their knowledge and time and I think it makes them feel good to know they're helping someone and to show off their knowledge," Merrill Stubbs said.
But let's say you're out grocery shopping and nowhere near your computer to ask a food pickle question? No worries. You can also text your question. You'll probably get a response within minutes, while you're still filling your cart.
You can email, text, even tweet your dilemma - all for free - and there's a deep bench of folks who will respond, including the site's founders.
new york city, cooking, food, recipe, new york news, lauren glassberg
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade 14 min ago
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos