New York News
NYPD officer killed in car crash on Long Island
VALLEY STREAM -- A New York City police officer has been killed in a one-car crash on Long Island.
The NYPD says Sgt. Anthony Johnson died early Sunday morning.
Nassau County police say Johnson's Jeep Cherokee crashed into a tree and burst into flames on Sunrise Highway in Valley Stream at around 3 a.m.
Firefighters discovered Johnson's body after extinguishing the blaze.
The 32-year-old officer lived in West Babylon.
The NYPD says Johnson worked out of the 114th Precinct in Queens.
new york city, valley stream, nypd, officer killed, police officer dies, long island, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos