New York News
Boot camp workout to shed holiday pounds
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- If you are looking for the best way to get fit and keep off the holiday pounds, boot camp can be a one stop shop.
If you have eaten a little too much stuffing over the last several days, sign up for a boot camp and you'll see the stuffing and pretty much everything else melt away, that is, if you can make it through the class.
For an hour, Alex Fell and Ruben Belliard counted, yelled, and motivated a group to sweat.
Warrior Fitness Boot Camp is a walk in the park for the two former marines who run it, but it is hardly just a walk for the participants.
Most of the people in the program have been taking part for several days a week for months, some even a year.
A new study shows that boot camps are the hot exercise trend for 2011.
In part, because it's one stop shopping for your body.
"Our clients get into the best shape of their lives, they can't get this anywhere else," Alex Fell said.
There's cardio and weight training, basic exercises, and an obstacle course.
You also get encouragement from everyone else.
Your group members and leaders cheering you on gives you that extra incentive to run one more lap, do one more squat thrust, and do one more pushup, with a smile.
"It never gets easier, but I get better and better, with the best results," said Jennifer Lee, a participant in the class.
For more information visit: www.warriorfitnessbootcamp.com
new york city, holiday party, holiday food, weight loss, weight gain, dieting, diet, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours 18 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 38 min ago
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting 42 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 41 min ago
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones 13 min ago
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 40 min ago
- 'Nathan's' flagship finally reopens after Sandy 29 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Best sunscreens 29 min ago
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle 31 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
40 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
18 min ago