New York News
Boot camp workout to shed holiday pounds
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- If you are looking for the best way to get fit and keep off the holiday pounds, boot camp can be a one stop shop.
If you have eaten a little too much stuffing over the last several days, sign up for a boot camp and you'll see the stuffing and pretty much everything else melt away, that is, if you can make it through the class.
For an hour, Alex Fell and Ruben Belliard counted, yelled, and motivated a group to sweat.
Warrior Fitness Boot Camp is a walk in the park for the two former marines who run it, but it is hardly just a walk for the participants.
Most of the people in the program have been taking part for several days a week for months, some even a year.
A new study shows that boot camps are the hot exercise trend for 2011.
In part, because it's one stop shopping for your body.
"Our clients get into the best shape of their lives, they can't get this anywhere else," Alex Fell said.
There's cardio and weight training, basic exercises, and an obstacle course.
You also get encouragement from everyone else.
Your group members and leaders cheering you on gives you that extra incentive to run one more lap, do one more squat thrust, and do one more pushup, with a smile.
"It never gets easier, but I get better and better, with the best results," said Jennifer Lee, a participant in the class.
For more information visit: www.warriorfitnessbootcamp.com
new york city, holiday party, holiday food, weight loss, weight gain, dieting, diet, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 10 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos