New York News
Health department ads aim to curb binge drinking
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City Department of Health is launching another hard-hitting ad campaign.
The New York City Department of Health is launching another hard-hitting ad campaign.
First, officials targeted sugary drinks, then tobacco. Now, the department is trying sober up the city's binge drinkers.
The first of two new ads shows a guy who just got into a fight. The second shows a woman passing out on a set of subway steps.
The ads are set to be in subways and on billboards throughout the next month.
new york city, drinking, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 59 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare