New York News
Matching water main breaks on UWS, UES
UPPER MANHATTAN (WABC) -- A water main break flooded a block of the Upper West Side, while a separate break flooded a block of the Upper East Side Monday morning.
The Upper West Side main broke on Broadway, between West 105th and West 106th Streets, just before 6:30 a.m.
Water quickly flooded the sidewalk and several basements, and also closed two lanes of Broadway to traffic.
A separate water main break flooded First Avenue on the Upper East Side just after 1 a.m.
That 12-inch main, which dates back to 1917, flooded First Avenue at East 62nd Street.
Several buildings on First Avenue had flooded basements, and DEP workers responded to shut off the main.
First Avenue was expected to be partially closed for the morning commute.
new york city, upper east side, water main break, upper west side, new york news
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid 38 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 51 min ago
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- Metro North train collision to affect...
51 min ago
- AccuWeather: More Humid
38 min ago
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey...
39 min ago