New York News
Woman shot in face answering door
CANARSIE (WABC) -- A Brooklyn woman is in critical condition after getting shot in the face.
It happened around 11:00 Friday night.
Marie Fougere of Canarsie opened her front door for a man saying he wanted to speak with her son.
When she then closed the door on him, the man fired through the door and the bullet hit her in the face.
The 49-year-old woman was being treated at Brookdale University Hospital.
crime, shooting, brooklyn, canarsie, new york city, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 2 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Anthony Weiner announces run for New York City mayor 55 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 13 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault 50 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from mall
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
23 min ago