New York News
Woman shot in face answering door
CANARSIE (WABC) -- A Brooklyn woman is in critical condition after getting shot in the face.
It happened around 11:00 Friday night.
Marie Fougere of Canarsie opened her front door for a man saying he wanted to speak with her son.
When she then closed the door on him, the man fired through the door and the bullet hit her in the face.
The 49-year-old woman was being treated at Brookdale University Hospital.
crime, shooting, brooklyn, canarsie, new york city, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Much Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half Marathon 10 min ago
- Suspect tries to abduct 11-year old boy in Queens 50 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014