New York News
Body of Madoff's son has been cremated
NEW YORK -- Mark Madoff's wife says his body has been cremated and a private gathering is planned in his memory.
Stephanie Madoff said in a statement Wednesday that she is "devastated" by her husband's death.
Madoff's body was claimed from the morgue by a funeral director on Tuesday.
The son of imprisoned financier Bernard Madoff was 46. He hanged himself in his Manhattan apartment on Saturday, the second anniversary of his father's arrest.
DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS TO ADD TO THIS STORY? CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD THEM TO IWITNESS.7ONLINE.COM, OR E-MAIL THEM TO IWITNESS@WABC.COM
breaking news, bernie madoff, new york city, soho, new york news
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 35 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 54 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million