New York News
NYC traffic stop leads to massive marijuana haul
JAMAICA, Queens -- New York City police officers who went after a red light-running driver found more than 500 pounds of marijuana in the man's car.
Police say Clement Hunter, 30, ran the red light around 4 a.m. Sunday at Farmer and Merrick Boulevards in Jamaica, Queens.
Officers attempted to pull him over, but he kept going, stopping in a dead-end street.
Police took him into custody and found the drugs in the car.
Hunter was charged with criminal possession of marijuana.
new york city, marijuana, nypd, jamaica, queens, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident 17 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 18 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation