New York News
Police investigate vandalized Jewish cemetery
MIDWOOD (WABC) -- Investigators say dozens of headstones vandalized in a Jewish cemetery in Brooklyn could be a bias crime.
The desecrated headstones were discovered at the Washington Cemetery in Midwood by workers Sunday morning.
More than 50 gravestones were overturned and knocked to the ground.
Police say the vandalism happened sometime between 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Sunday.
So far there have been no arrests in the crime.
new york city, vandalism, new york news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 4 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos