New York News
Report: Subway crime up 5 percent
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Straphangers may feel the city's subway system is a little less safe these days.
Subway crime is up 5 percent.
The increase could be age-related, as the NYPD says 15 percent of all subway crime is committed by teenagers.
The most common crimes include stealing cell phones and iPods.
Subway crime is still about 55 percent lower than it was just six years ago.
new york city, subway, subway crime, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation