New York News
Snow clean-up causing some delivery problems
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A massive snow melting operation is causing a major headache for business owners and deliveries.
Massive mounds of snow and round the clock clean up right in the middle of Vandervoorst Avenue has brought this industrial business center to a halt.
As factory where they produce re-enforced steel for construction has received few deliveries because the Department of Sanitation has taken over the block.
An environmental clean up company can't get its trucks on the road because of all the congestion caused by the road closure.
Vandervoorst Avenue has been a center of snow clean up activity for over a week.
The street is normally a major truck route but now the massive tractor trailers have been diverted to smaller streets.
As efforts to remove the snow push forward, more videos shot during the storm are being posted on YouTube with claims of snow plows sitting idle will the snow piled up in Brooklyn.
The videos are getting the attention of federal investigators and the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office, which says workers could face criminal charges if they neglected to plow a street where a death or injury occurred.
new york city, holiday blizzard, winter storm, snow, snow storm, new york news, anthony johnson
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall