New York News
Cathie Black officially new schools chancellor
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg's office says Cathie Black is officially the new New York City schools chancellor.
A State Supreme Court judge upheld the appointment after reviewing two appeals.
Mayor Bloomberg released a statement saying: "This decision should bring an end to the politicking and grandstanding and allow us all to focus on what matters most: continuing to improve the quality of education we offer New York City's public school children. Cathie has been working hard and is ready to hit the ground running on Monday, her first official day on the job, and I know she is looking forward to building on the tremendous progress we've made over the past eight years."
new york city, cathie black, michael bloomberg, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 58 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 55 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 59 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 53 min ago