New York News
Shoot the Freak dozing garners $5,000 fine
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- The illegal demolition of the Shoot the Freak game at Coney Island has led to a fine of $5,000 against the amusement company Zamperla.
Workers bulldozed the attraction without a permit last week.
Since 2003, Shoot the Freak offered people a chance to fire paintballs at a human being, protected by shielding and armor.
It was one of nine boardwalk businesses Zamperla is trying to evict to make room for glitzier attractions.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, controversy, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
24 min ago