New York News
Shoot the Freak dozing garners $5,000 fine
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- The illegal demolition of the Shoot the Freak game at Coney Island has led to a fine of $5,000 against the amusement company Zamperla.
Workers bulldozed the attraction without a permit last week.
Since 2003, Shoot the Freak offered people a chance to fire paintballs at a human being, protected by shielding and armor.
It was one of nine boardwalk businesses Zamperla is trying to evict to make room for glitzier attractions.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, controversy, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 11 min ago
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 6 min ago