New York News
Shoot the Freak dozing garners $5,000 fine
CONEY ISLAND (WABC) -- The illegal demolition of the Shoot the Freak game at Coney Island has led to a fine of $5,000 against the amusement company Zamperla.
Workers bulldozed the attraction without a permit last week.
Since 2003, Shoot the Freak offered people a chance to fire paintballs at a human being, protected by shielding and armor.
It was one of nine boardwalk businesses Zamperla is trying to evict to make room for glitzier attractions.
new york city, brooklyn, coney island, controversy, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 57 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase