New York News
Staten Island man killed in sledding accident
NEW YORK -- A Staten Island man sledding on his driveway was killed after he veered off the steep incline onto the road and into the path of an oncoming car.
Police said 46-year-old Raymond Larsen was riding the sled down his driveway on Cleveland Avenue shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday. The driveway is steep, and Larsen went into the road as a 61-year-old woman was driving her car past the spot.
Police said Larsen was unconscious at the scene. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Information from: Staten Island Advance, Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
new york city, staten island, accident, accidental death, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos