New York News
Woman robs 81-year-old entering subway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a female robber who attacked an 81-year-old woman as she tried to enter the subway.
The incident happened on Tuesday, January 4 around 10:40 at night.
On surveillance video, you can see the woman trying to enter the subway at Fulton and Church Streets.
The suspect approached the victim from behind and forcibly grabbed her handbag. She fell down in the process, sustaining a fractured left shoulder and a laceration to her forehead.
She was listed in stable condition at Downtown Beekman Hospital.
The suspect is described as a black woman, 25-30 years old, 5'10' to 5'11'tall and weighing 190-200 lbs. She was also wearing a baseball cap, black jeans, a black jacket and black boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, caught on tape, subway, subway crime, surveillance video, robbery, crime, new york news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos