New York News
Woman robs 81-year-old entering subway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a female robber who attacked an 81-year-old woman as she tried to enter the subway.
The incident happened on Tuesday, January 4 around 10:40 at night.
On surveillance video, you can see the woman trying to enter the subway at Fulton and Church Streets.
The suspect approached the victim from behind and forcibly grabbed her handbag. She fell down in the process, sustaining a fractured left shoulder and a laceration to her forehead.
She was listed in stable condition at Downtown Beekman Hospital.
The suspect is described as a black woman, 25-30 years old, 5'10' to 5'11'tall and weighing 190-200 lbs. She was also wearing a baseball cap, black jeans, a black jacket and black boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, caught on tape, subway, subway crime, surveillance video, robbery, crime, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday 3 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert 50 min ago
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday 24 min ago
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 47 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- JFK customs seize cocaine in hair care products 33 min ago
- NY lawmakers to announce legislation preventing bridge tolls
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing 10 min ago
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
3 min ago