New York News
Woman robs 81-year-old entering subway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a female robber who attacked an 81-year-old woman as she tried to enter the subway.
The incident happened on Tuesday, January 4 around 10:40 at night.
On surveillance video, you can see the woman trying to enter the subway at Fulton and Church Streets.
The suspect approached the victim from behind and forcibly grabbed her handbag. She fell down in the process, sustaining a fractured left shoulder and a laceration to her forehead.
She was listed in stable condition at Downtown Beekman Hospital.
The suspect is described as a black woman, 25-30 years old, 5'10' to 5'11'tall and weighing 190-200 lbs. She was also wearing a baseball cap, black jeans, a black jacket and black boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, caught on tape, subway, subway crime, surveillance video, robbery, crime, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos