New York News
Woman robs 81-year-old entering subway
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for a female robber who attacked an 81-year-old woman as she tried to enter the subway.
The incident happened on Tuesday, January 4 around 10:40 at night.
On surveillance video, you can see the woman trying to enter the subway at Fulton and Church Streets.
The suspect approached the victim from behind and forcibly grabbed her handbag. She fell down in the process, sustaining a fractured left shoulder and a laceration to her forehead.
She was listed in stable condition at Downtown Beekman Hospital.
The suspect is described as a black woman, 25-30 years old, 5'10' to 5'11'tall and weighing 190-200 lbs. She was also wearing a baseball cap, black jeans, a black jacket and black boots.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at www.nypdcrimestoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, caught on tape, subway, subway crime, surveillance video, robbery, crime, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 5 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos