New York News
Six meningitis cases in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City Health Department is warning doctors to be on the lookout for meningitis cases.
Six New Yorkers have contracted the disease in the past month, including three who died.
There were two cases in Manhattan and the Bronx and cases reported in both Brooklyn and Staten Island.
The victims have ranged in age from 4 to 74 and include three men and three women.
They were all diagnosed between December 20th and January 11th.
The health department says meningitis symptoms include a rash, severe abdominal pain and severe muscle pain.
For more details, see the CDC guidelines on meningococcal disease at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5407a1.htm
new york city, health alert, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 53 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 55 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 25 min ago
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
53 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
55 min ago