New York News
Six meningitis cases in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The New York City Health Department is warning doctors to be on the lookout for meningitis cases.
Six New Yorkers have contracted the disease in the past month, including three who died.
There were two cases in Manhattan and the Bronx and cases reported in both Brooklyn and Staten Island.
The victims have ranged in age from 4 to 74 and include three men and three women.
They were all diagnosed between December 20th and January 11th.
The health department says meningitis symptoms include a rash, severe abdominal pain and severe muscle pain.
For more details, see the CDC guidelines on meningococcal disease at: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5407a1.htm
new york city, health alert, new york news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday 45 min ago
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 48 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 1 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 23 min ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case 39 min ago
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos