New York News
Power back on in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- The power is back on in Chelsea after more than 20 buildings suddenly went dark Thursday night.
The blackout happened around 7 p.m. on the south side of West 23rd Street between 9th and 10th avenues.
More than 200 residents were affected.
None of them were evacuated, but police went door to door to make sure everyone was safe.
ConEd was on the scene, repairing underground wires that may have been damaged by salt and melting snow.
new york city, chelsea, power outage, new york news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 17 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 28 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos