New York News
Power back on in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- The power is back on in Chelsea after more than 20 buildings suddenly went dark Thursday night.
The blackout happened around 7 p.m. on the south side of West 23rd Street between 9th and 10th avenues.
More than 200 residents were affected.
None of them were evacuated, but police went door to door to make sure everyone was safe.
ConEd was on the scene, repairing underground wires that may have been damaged by salt and melting snow.
new york city, chelsea, power outage, new york news
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line 18 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire 6 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures