New York News
Power back on in Chelsea
CHELSEA (WABC) -- The power is back on in Chelsea after more than 20 buildings suddenly went dark Thursday night.
The blackout happened around 7 p.m. on the south side of West 23rd Street between 9th and 10th avenues.
More than 200 residents were affected.
None of them were evacuated, but police went door to door to make sure everyone was safe.
ConEd was on the scene, repairing underground wires that may have been damaged by salt and melting snow.
new york city, chelsea, power outage, new york news
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman 30 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 49 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 27 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 58 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 31 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident 25 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
49 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
58 min ago