New York News
One injured when docked boats go up in flames
CHELSEA PIERS (WABC) -- A sailboat docked in the Hudson River caught fire Friday morning, injuring one person and spreading flames to another vessel.
The boat caught fire while docked at Pier 59, south of Chelsea Piers, just after 2:45 a.m.
Flames tore through the sailboat, the Quid Pro Quo, and spread to a power boat docked nearby.
The fire lit up the West Side sky before being put out by firefighters.
One man, believed to be the owner, who also lives on the boat, was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, hudson river, fire, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 47 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 48 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos