New York News
Snow causes Queens building collapse
OZONE PARK, Queens (WABC) -- A build-up of snow and ice on the roof of a one-story vacant building in Ozone Park caused the structure to "pancake" collapse.
It happened just before 5 p.m. on Friday at 132-01 111th Ave.
The collapse also affected the neighboring buildings, 132-05 and 132-07 111th Ave. Both are similar one-story, vacant buildings.
Police have shut down 111th Ave between 132nd Street and 133rd Street to allow for the debris to be removed.
The Buildings Department will determine the structural stability of the other two buildings. Nobody was injured.
new york city, ozone park, queens, new york news
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for NYC 8 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 54 min ago
- Threat prompts lockdown at Saddle Brook schools 22 min ago
- UK: London terror attack suspects had been probed
- West Point soldier charged with videotaping women
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Photos: Accuweather forecast in pictures
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Photos: Top Pictures of the Week
- AccuWeather Alert: Flash flood warning for...
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos