New York News
Snow causes Queens building collapse
OZONE PARK, Queens (WABC) -- A build-up of snow and ice on the roof of a one-story vacant building in Ozone Park caused the structure to "pancake" collapse.
It happened just before 5 p.m. on Friday at 132-01 111th Ave.
The collapse also affected the neighboring buildings, 132-05 and 132-07 111th Ave. Both are similar one-story, vacant buildings.
Police have shut down 111th Ave between 132nd Street and 133rd Street to allow for the debris to be removed.
The Buildings Department will determine the structural stability of the other two buildings. Nobody was injured.
new york city, ozone park, queens, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos