New York News
Queens residents welcome Year of the Rabbit
ELMHURST, Queens (WABC) -- In Queens Saturday, they were drumming in the Lunar New Year.
Farewell to the Year of the Tiger and welcome to the Year of the Rabbit.
The celebration was held at C.C. Moore Homestead Park in Elmhurst and featured traditional Korean drumming and a lion dance.
The lion dance is believed to usher in good fortune and ward off evil spirits.
The rabbit is the fourth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese Zodiac and it represents compassion, opportunity and grace.
new york city, queens, new year, new york news
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions 15 min ago
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 35 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Family pushes for drug/alcohol testing after fatal accidents
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral arrangements announced
- Anchorman 2 cast talks about much-anticipated sequel
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Photos: Scared Santa
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos