New York News
Woman fatally shot at Queens house party
ST. ALBANS, Queens (WABC) -- A woman was fatally shot following a dispute at a Queens house party.
It happened around 4:23 a.m. on 119th Road in St. Albans Sunday.
26-year-old Avalisa Morris was shot once in the head and once in the abdomen.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are looking for a party goer who not only brought a gun to a birthday bash but also decided to use it.
Morris opened up her home and ended up paying for it with her life, apparently killed by one of her friends.
Morris was throwing the party at her home for a co-worker's birthday.
We're told guests were dancing the night away when suddenly a fight erupted.
Acting on her responsibilities as a hostess, Morris ordered the guests who were fighting to step outside.
Witnesses say she was guarding the door when shots were fired, the bullets ripping through the door.
Authorities report Morris was shot in the head and abdomen and died inside her home.
Police do have leads. They have a guest list to work with but so far, no arrest yet.
new york city, queens, st. albans, shooting, new york news, lucy yang
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park